Monday, April 30, 2012

Appreciate your Teachers - Gift ideas

Next week is Teacher Appreciation week.  This is probably not a big priority in most people's lives, but have you stopped a minute to send a quick thank you to your child's teacher this year?  Why not use the upcoming week as a way to show them how much you appreciate what they have done to help your child this year?

I have a week of ideas lined up to share with you.  Most of these ideas can be put together for under $5, so make a week of it and really show them you appreciate what they do.  Believe me... most of them don't hear it enough.

For our first gift we are going to be quenching their thirst.  I found the original version of these on a post from The Idea Room.  I adapted it with what supplies I had and to include some fabulous Chevron paper I found on Pinterest.  I just love the citrus colors and it gave me a reason to use my lime and white twine!

I wanted a simpler way to attach the packet of lemonade instead of the pouch in the original design.  I finally just used some of my strongest adhesive tape and just glued it to the tag.  Some times the simplest method works out for the best.

Check back tomorrow for another gift option.

Supplies used:
Chevron paper - Created by
MelStampz and it was FREE!
Lemon diecut - Silhouette studio, designed by Jamie Koay
Divine twine (green and white)
Yellow twine

1 comment: