Saturday, June 22, 2013

Stepping Back In...

I am sorry to say it has been nearly a year since my last update.  Time just got away from me:  school started up, my Etsy shop, Christmas, a crazy Valentine's season, school wrapping up and now it's summer again.   I'm going to have a go at this again and see if I can stick with it once school starts. 

Well, what I wanted to share with you today is an invitation design I was asked to work on.  I had never heard of this show, but little Alexis is a fan.  Her mother wanted to make this the theme for her 1st birthday party.  How could I say no?? 

Cast from The Chica Show on PBS Kids Sprout

Anyone heard of  The Chica Show on Sprout?  Neither had I.  I had to do a little research and watch a few episodes to get the gist of it.  I find it hard to believe that there is a kids show out there that I didn't know existed (considering I have 3 kids under 7) but there was. 

I've gotten much more comfortable with my Silhouette diecutting  machine and its' design program.  I started with my own hand drawn version the characters (Mom, Dad,and Chica).  After some scanning and working on the layers the dicuts were ready.

Since these are chickens, I used the barn backdrop from my Farm Birthday Invitation design and added in the little chickens in place of the other farm animals. 

Viola!  A super special invitation for a sweet little one year old.  I hope her she can recognize her favorite characters.



    Products used:    Papertrey ink cardstock
    Stampin up alpha stamps
    Barn diecut designed by Samantha Walker
    Chickens and banner created by myself
    May Arts - Natural twine

If you are throwing a "Chica" themed party and looking for ideas I have set up a Chica Birthday Party board on Pinterest with some ideas I've found as I've worked on these invitations.  Take a look and maybe they'll help you in your party planning.

Enjoy!
.



2 comments: