Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Forest of Arrendale - A Frozen Birthday


Jilly Turns 5!


My youngest turned 5 this past month.  We went to see the movie Frozen the weekend it premiered and have seen it 2 other times since.  She and her sisters are BIG fans.  They know every song, dance, and trivial fact about the characters, so it didn't surprise me when her long talked about "Care Bear" birthday party turned to Frozen.  Lucky me Christmas was winding down and all things snowflake were on sale.  Yippee!
I'm not one to go all store bought and obvious, so my party hosting partner in crime and I got busy and put together this Frozen theme party.  No castles and frill here.  Jilly's party took place in the Forest of Arrendale.

The Dessert Table
Pine Trees, cotton batting, and kraft paper create the backdrop for this forest scene.
 

This forest wouldn't be complete without Olaf looking on in the background.

Party Foods included:
Snow Topped Timbers (candy topped pretzels)
Coronation Cupcakes
Sven Snacks (carrots in ranch)
North Mountain Nuggets
Forest Fruits
Blue Waters of Arrendale Punch




The remaining foods were set up in the kitchen.  To continue the forest theme wood grain wrapping paper covered the island and pine cone food labels were used to present the food.


Decorations

We had one main table to eat at, and I wanted to make a special centerpiece.  I am a fan of vintage Mason jars.  I have whole collection which I keep my buttons for crafting.  Here is the centerpiece I came up with to celebrate the birthday girl.




Party Fun!
To keep the kids busy a table was set up to paint the very own snowflakes to take home. 


Remember in the movie when Elsa throws her glove off into the forest?  The kids spent time searching for Elsa's lost glove.  The finder won a special door prize to take home.


Party Favors
Finally as the party wound down and guest began to leave they had their very own S'mores party favors.



 I used my favorite line in the movie to express our thanks and created an Olaf paper pieced tag to decorate the bags.  Jilly had a ball, and I was really sad to take down all the decorations.

Products used;
Party staged and paper decorations: Jilly Bear Designs
Snowflake decor, tulle, ceramic snowflakes: Hobby Lobby
Wood grain wrapping paper: Home Goods
Cardstock for paper decorations: Papertrey Ink














1 comment: