Thursday, January 5, 2012

30th Birthday Invitations - Fiesta Style

I wanted to share with you a new invitation I finished up last night. Boy was this one a struggle.  It was for a 30 year old man's surprise birthday.  First I don't do adult cards very often.  Kid and baby themes are my comfort zone and then to top it all off a GUY card!  Phew.  Well after many false starts here is the finished product.


I like how the sombrero turned out.  It is from a sketch I drew last night and then programed into my Silhouette.  The moustache adds character, but my FAVORITE part about this card is the awesome Bazzil textured cardstock I used for the numbers.  It looks like cactus!  I even drew in little spines with a black marker. Definitely fitting the theme.

Products used:
Bazzill Basics -Prickly Pear
We R Memory Keepers - Fiesta Nuevo
Cricut -Plantin Schoolbook (30)
Sombrero and moustache - my own sketch

9 comments:

  1. Great design - I especially like the moustache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I bet he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so fun! I love the sombrero and mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! How many do you have to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 12 of these for the surprise party. I may add them to my shop though. I just love that cactus and them moustache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey how can i buy some of these?? do u sell?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey how can i buy some of these?? do u sell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rashmi, Yes I do sell. Stop by my shop on Etsy www.jillybeardesigns.etsy.com You can contact me through there to set up an order if you like.

    Thank you for reading.
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete
  9. These 30th Birthday Invitations are having nice colors and I just love the design as well. Keep sharing your work here. My hubby will turn 30 years old and this is why I am planning a memorable party for him. He loves golf so I think that a golf party would be just perfect for the day. Hopefully will come across a suitable event venue Atlanta for this bash.

    ReplyDelete