Thursday, January 5, 2012

30th Birthday Invitations - Fiesta Style

I wanted to share with you a new invitation I finished up last night. Boy was this one a struggle.  It was for a 30 year old man's surprise birthday.  First I don't do adult cards very often.  Kid and baby themes are my comfort zone and then to top it all off a GUY card!  Phew.  Well after many false starts here is the finished product.


I like how the sombrero turned out.  It is from a sketch I drew last night and then programed into my Silhouette.  The moustache adds character, but my FAVORITE part about this card is the awesome Bazzil textured cardstock I used for the numbers.  It looks like cactus!  I even drew in little spines with a black marker. Definitely fitting the theme.

Products used:
Bazzill Basics -Prickly Pear
We R Memory Keepers - Fiesta Nuevo
Cricut -Plantin Schoolbook (30)
Sombrero and moustache - my own sketch

8 comments:

  1. Great design - I especially like the moustache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I bet he will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so fun! I love the sombrero and mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! How many do you have to make?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 12 of these for the surprise party. I may add them to my shop though. I just love that cactus and them moustache.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey how can i buy some of these?? do u sell?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey how can i buy some of these?? do u sell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rashmi, Yes I do sell. Stop by my shop on Etsy www.jillybeardesigns.etsy.com You can contact me through there to set up an order if you like.

    Thank you for reading.
    Sammie

    ReplyDelete