Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Bunny Love - Vintage style Silhouette


Today was my first day back to school from Christmas vacation, and I'm beat!  It's going to take a couple days to get in the swing of things again.  I do have a card to share with you tonight.  I am a BIG October Afternoon fan, and this paper line is so luscious.  When I saw it the other day I just had to pick up several sheets.  I couldn't wait to give it a try.

I really liked the vintage look of this paper and the yellow and gray color combination was so romantic, so a silhouette was needed to finish it off.  Add a the bunny silhouette from the A Child's First Year Cricut cartridge, some of Webster's Bloomers, and a Papertrey Ink sentiment I got in my stocking for Christmas.

I always have to add something a little extra to my cards.  In this case I thought the bunnies needed little tails.  I hand cut these from lighter gray cardstock and attached them with foam dots.

This card was created to fit with a couple challenges this week.  This is the Mojo Monday sketch I used for their challenge MOJO 222.  I flipped the sketch and adjusted the orders of the layers to make it work for my card. 

Other challenges I'm submitting to included:
Frosted Designs Challenge - Something new (PTI stamp/ October Afternoon paper)
I Brake for Challenges - vintage, Challenge IBFCC15 
Check out these three fabulous blogs.  They have some great challenges and prizes!

4 comments:

  1. I love that line from October Afternoon. Those bunnies are so cute! I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your color combination is beautiful! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs and happy 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Love the colors/papers and the sentiment is too cute!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete