Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Valentine Cards and a Couple Challenges

I found some new Valentine paper at the store on Friday that I just had to have.  I loved the red, pink, and gray color combination in this Echo Park paper line.   I had to take a few minutes to do a little creating.  I am still working on my "Use it up" goal that I mentioned in an earlier thread, so all three cards have a common paper theme.  I wanted to use up as much of the paper as possible.  Two of the designs were created for some challenge this week.



First I wanted to talk about "Love you - Forever" card (third in line).  I used this sketch from iheart2stamp's January sketch challenge.  Special touches included the raised scallop circle, buttons, and the double layered ribbon.  I really like how the black backing makes the colors on the patterned paper pop.  This one is also being entered in the Just Us Girls color challenge #120 for the pink, red, and white color combination.

The second card was made for the sketch challenge over at MojoMonday.  I had a hard time incorporating the vertical ribbon down the side so I ended up using the neutral twine and bow with the diecut keys.   I don't usually use a stamp for a border especially one that wasn't meant to be a border, but I especially like the white XOs border I stamped along the black cardstock border. The crisp white pigment on the black cardstock really stands out.

Products used on all cards:
Patterned papers: Echo Park
Cardstock: Bazzill
Sentiment stamps: Papertrey Ink
Die cuts: Cricut (Create a Critter and Winter Woodland)

Challenges submitted for:

 






















Don't forget to check out my Crafting with the Kids challenge I have going on right now.  Make some Valentine cards with your kids and enter them to win 7 Digi stamps from Bugaboo designs.  If you've missed it find out all about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment