It's finally here....
The first Crafting with the Kids Challenge is to create Valentine's cards. Remember you must include a child in the crafting process. You can read and review the rest of the rules on my previous post found here.
I sat down with my girls earlier this week and we worked on several cards for Winter's card drive. I wanted them to be able to do their own thing, but the controlling side of me wanted the cards to look at least semiprofessional. We came up with a compromise. Take a look:
I cut the base paper and chose the different paper combinations, and they got to do the illustrations. I've found that is the number one most important rules in crafting with your kids. Be prepared!! I had all the paper precut including the white pieces they drew on. I prestamped the sentiments and had everything ready to go before I even told them that they were going to make cards. If you aren't used to including your kids in crafting trust me... you will save yourself A LOT of headaches by having it preplanned.
|Jilly (2 years) working on her "hearts"|
|Her finished Valentine card.|
|Addy (4 years) finally getting to use mommy's glue.|
|Bailey's (4 years) cat card she drew herself.|
We ended up making 10 cards in all to send to Winter for the Children's hospitals, and we also had a great time together. Check out these faces!!
Now it's your turn.
Once again your challenge is to create Valentine cards with a child (your own, a grandchild, niece, nephew, neighbor...) Post photos on your blog or online gallery and link back to me. Please spread the word and have fun!
- You and a child must create a new Valentine card.
- Post a picture of the finished project and hopefully a few pictures of the kids working on the projects on your blog or photo gallery.
- Display the challenge title Crafting with the Kids Challenge #1 and link back to this post on your blog.
- Link up directly to your project page using the Linky Tools at the bottom of this post.
- If you share your project in any photo galleries please use the keyword or tag CWTK#1.
- Spread the word!! If you think this is a worthwhile challenge please spread the word. I'm just starting out, but I think this could be a very rewarding challenge for all involved (especially the kids.)
Deadline:You will have 10 days to get crafty and link up your projects. All entries must be submitted by midnight on Sunday, January 29th. One winner will be drawn randomly and posted on my blog by Wednesday, February 1st.